Jewelry Television buyer Angie Borbeck tells us all about the exciting new trends she saw while visiting the VicenzaOro Jewelry Show last month.
Gold – making a comeback
XL drop earrings and pendants – all shapes, designs, and textures – more light weight
Laser cutting – light weight design
New diamond cutting patterns
Diamond cut beads
Bronze – alternative metal gaining more popularity
Extra big anything - BOLD
Cameos – not just in MOP. Metal, gemstones, wood, etc
“Glitter” look – through use of stones or special technology
Mixed metals, mixed materials
- Silk yarn, string – large crochet designs with metal framing. Big look, small metal weight
- Metal/wood mixed with large open link
- Stackable rings & bracelets still big
- Textures - mix of polish & texture
- Yellow, White, Rose colors.
Below are some images of design trends.