Update: “Jewel School 100th Blog, Random Prize Drawing!”
The entire Jewel School Team and I would like to thank those of you, who made some time earlier this week to write your honest comments about our live show and my blog. I really enjoyed personally communicating with each of you!
The winner of our JS Goodie Bag will be announced in next week’s blog, published on September 6th.
Jewel School Program Monday September 1st from10am-noon (EST)-
Be sure to tune in to Jewel School this week, for our Annual Labor Day Clearance Sale!! Labor Day weekend means it’s time to begin planning and thinking about the upcoming holidays, and … winter.
What a great time to stock up on supplies you’ll need to:
1. Make inventory for fall craft shows that shimmer and shine! One idea is to use the Rhinestone Component Kit to make designs similar to the ones shown below.
2. Create special gifts for friends and family. Imagine the sparkle in her eyes when your sister or friend opens their gift and sees a lovely design such as the one shown below, made by Wyatt White. The Stonesett Bracelet and Necklace Kit comes with one bracelet and one necklace, ready for you to add your favorite beads to.
3. Make your own holiday ornament design; such as this joyous snowflake by Lauren Andersen, or lovely jewelry by using this Silver Tone Chain Maille Kit that includes toggle clasps and 720 rings! (Pendant by Christiane Ross.)
4. Get yourself the gift you’ve always wanted, wrap it up and put it under the tree from “Santa”. One of our staff favorites is the complete E-3-Etch Kit. Everything needed to begin making beautiful etched designs is in one box. Open it up and enjoy!
5. Put goodies back that will make mid-winter cabin fever blues more fun for you, and possibly crafty children (to help keep your sanity!) My choices would be the 4500 Carat Bead Box, a spool of Ball Chain, and the Square Kumihimo Kit. (This combination should keep anyone busy for quite a while!)
Update: 5th Annual Jewel School Customer Appreciation Days
You will not believe all of the special plans Jewel School and the entire JTV Family has for our upcoming event! Besides being able to meet and take classes with your favorite of 20 instructors this year, you will also have the opportunity to work together in a relaxed atmosphere between classes, take a guided tour of the JTV building, shop for product to take home with you at special rates, visit with old and make new friends, and put faces to many of the folks you spend time with on Facebook! Oh, and we also eat, laugh, take lots of photographs, sometimes dance, eat again, and laugh some more. If you haven’t already signed up, we still have room for you. Follow this link to register: Jewel School Workshop. We are all excited to see you here in Knoxville!
Remember how much I needed my personal, not-work-related vacation this year? Well it worked! I am making a point to spend more time “with” my family now (kinda hard to do when my studio is in the back yard, but at least I do not bring work into the house or “home” with me anymore – or at least for now). I’ve gotten back into cooking (except that I make things I like and probably shouldn’t eat as much of them; hubby and I are going to attempt to make homemade summer sausage tomorrow). My dogs are happier because I take even more time to play with them during the day (a mini brain-break for me too). AND I am making time to make more jewelry!! (I know you thought I made pieces all of the time, huh. Truth is that I am now pretty good at writing html code and I never even wanted to learn how!) But, it all goes with the career I’ve chosen. The best part is still getting to meet and work with all of you, whenever I can; meaning I am really looking forward to JS Customer Appreciation Days (even though I have to work overtime a few nights a week). It’s all good!!
Until next week, stay “twisted”!